Wednesday, September 5, 2012

CO Trip- Day 8

Friday morning we spent in Colorado Springs.  Jeremy went to the Olympic Training Center and took the tour while the girls, Jessi and I walked to a park a few blocks away.  The OTC said we could come if I carried my dog while on campus.  Ha!  If I'd had the bigger stroller I would have made her just ride in it, but I only had the umbrella stroller.  Besides, I'd been there years before and it gave me time to meet up with an old college friend who lives there.
 We then drove up the interstate a little to the Air Force Academy for a quick look around.



 We drove on up to Brighton where we stayed with an old student of Suzy's.  Suzy kept Maddox for the evening so she could play with all the kids there and Mike, Jeremy, Hadlee and I wento to a Rockies game. 
 Hadlee got her hair colored but she didn't care about it at all.

 Hadlee did care about her hot dog!  Yummy!

That was our last night in Colorado.  Day 9 was spent driving all the way back home about 11 hours.  The kids did wonderful in the car, playing with each other, dolls, books, and video games.  Maddox never once asked to watch a movie.  I could have left the DVD players at home easily.  I was quite surprised.  They also never slept on the way home.  Near Omaha Hadlee started to get tired so Jeremy moved to the back seat to keep her awake.  I certainly didn't want her taking a 2 hour nap just as we got home in time for bedtime.  It was a great trip.  Although, for me, just about any vacation is great.  But it was nice to get back to Colorado and spend a few days with my cousin.  David was a great host and I can't wait to go back again!  Next time maybe in the winter??

No comments: