Thursday, September 6, 2012

Adventureland

Jeremy's work gave us free tickets to Adventureland so one really nice and cool weekday went took the kids.  We were there for about 10 hours!  We rode all the rides we could with Maddox, then rode them again.  She loved it and is getting so brave!  Next time we decided we had to take cousins or neighbors with us because we are NOT very good at riding some of the rides she's doing now.  Barf!  None that day, but it was harder by the end of the day!
Here they are hanging on tight to the teacup ride.

 This ride is similar to the one Maddox rode in Mall of America that she hated and was scared to death of.  It took me a lot to talk her into riding this one.  I told her I'd ride it with her and that usually makes everything okay.  She then spent the whole time trying not to smile because she liked it but didn't want me to know I was right.  We rode it 3 times.
 Daddy won Maddox a big pink polka dotted Scooby Doo and Hadlee a couple of stuffed fish.
 I even talked Maddox into riding the log ride and the river ride!  The log ride neither girl really liked because of the hill at the end. I wish I'd bought the picture they took of us, it was hilarious!  But the river was okay for her.  We missed most of the big water so that helped.

We had so much fun that day!  I love taking the girls to new things and pushing them to try new things.  They're growing up so much!!!

No comments: