Thursday, May 8, 2008

Daddy Graduated!



Well, Jeremy's finally done with school! Last night was his pinning ceremony. Basically it was graduation for just the radiography students that lasted only an hour versus the whole school which would be about 4 hours. He and one other student (good job Shana!) got plaques for getting a 4.0. My camera is just terrible and I will be looking today for a new one. But here he is receiving his plaque.



And here he is after the ceremony with his little girl. Notice that he does have his ARRT pin on his lapel. Looking official in his white jacket . . .

We went out for dinner afterwards and weighed job opportunites . . . What to do!?!? Dinner was also mildly amusing because of course Maddox was ready to eat by that time. So I just got out a blanket and nursed her at the table. Our waiter would not make eye contact with me. He faced Jeremy the whole time and when he took my order he stared at the table. I guess I made him a little uncomfortable huh? But that's life, get over it. But it gave us a good laugh at his expense.
Yesterday I forced Maddox to have some tummy time. She doesn't really enjoy that. Usually I just lay on my back and put her on my shins while I do crunches and she lifts her head that way. Or I lay her across my lap on her tummy which she enjoys. Or I make her do little baby sit-ups where I pull her up and down and make her use her neck to pull up her head. But I made her do actual tummy time yesterday and she didn't hate it immediately.



All of Jeremy's teachers and peers said that Maddox looked just like Jeremy. What do you think? One said it was probably the hair.

And here's how you'll find Miss Maddox most of the time. With most of her fist inserted into her mouth. She's sitting on my lap right now and as I typed that she stuck her fist in her mouth.

Everyone also comments on her big blue eyes. Here they look gray. If they stay blue I'll be surprised. I'm assuming they'll eventually become like mine, hazel, blue some days, green some days, gray some days. It would be nice though if she'd keep her Papa's and Aunt Suzy's blue eyes.



No comments: