Friday, December 5, 2008

Christmas is coming!

And with Christmas comes the stomach flu! I was actually going to post just a couple videos and a few pictures. But as I picked up Maddox today to go get the kids she threw up 3 times all over me and the carpet. This is the first time she's had that kind of illness. Ick! Poor girl! She's sleeping now and that seems to be her only symptom so hopefully it'll pass quickly.

Now on to the happier days . . . Wednesday night Maddox and I decorated the Christmas tree. Well, she fussed, tried to eat a tiny lightbulb, and played with the beads and bells while I decorated. But apparently all the activity made her deliriously happy. She was a crazy girl that night! She discovered a new sound at dinner and wouldn't stop doing it and crawled between parts of the living room to parts of the kitchen over and over and over again. Back and forth, back and forth. And couldn't stop giggling if I even looked at her. It was strange. You would have thought I had served her Mt. Dew for dinner (and no, I didn't have any either).


Here's her active, very talkative dinner with me. She's figured out a high pitched, grunting "UHHguh" I could have made this a 10-15 minute video. Seriously, she never stopped.


She's also clapping now. She wouldn't stop doing that at dinner a few nights before, makes it hard to feed her.

Lastly, she's starting to wave at people. She waved at the waitress yesterday at lunch and twice at Jeff when he's come home to relieve me from work and a few other more random times. I don't have that action documented. Neither Jeremy nor I can hardly believe she's almost 10 months old! I'm now doing the whole "last year at this time you were___ and we were preparing by____ and we did_____ for you for Christmas" etc. Slow down!

No comments: