Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Hotlanta!

After a day of recovery for Maddox and packing and cleaning for me, Friday morning we headed to Atlanta a litle vacation. We met Mom and Dad down there for the weekend. Maddox was good in the car and only got fussy when it was time to stop and eat. It's about a 4+ hour drive, that turned into 5 with our long lunch break. Larry makes for a nice pillow:

Friday night we didn't do much, just visited and went to Hard Rock to eat dinner. Maddox was tired and ready for bed. Saturday we went out to eat before we took Maddox to the Atlanta aquarium. Jeremy missed her very first taste with the horrible face, but here's some lemon pictures anyway:

Maddox loved the aquarium. She gets a very intense look on her face when she sees new interesting things. She inspects closely. You enter through this underwater tunnel where there's zillions of fish swimming alongside you. She thought that was very interesting. "Would you two stop reading the map and just go see stuff? Where next!?": "I can't see!":
Just checking stuff out:"That fish is HUGE Mom!":

Before we left we had to stop and touch some sharks and sting rays (which reminds me of a funny Jeremy story I'll tell you below real quick):

Maddox barely made it out the door before . . .


On our way home from running some errands on Thursday I about ran over a turtle in the road about 3/10ths of a mile from our house. I of course stopped to pick it up so I could take it to the woods behind my house and started to get in the car with it. Jeremy promptly (and very quickly) jumped out of the car and backed up saying he was not going to ride in the car with that thing. Put it back, leave it here, get it out of the car, I'm not riding with that . . . Well, he walked home while I laughed hilariously at him in the car. A grown man afraid of a little turtle. Who knew?

No comments: