Wednesday, November 9, 2011

1st Snow in Iowa!!

It snowed for the first time this season last night!  We were forecasted to get about an inch, but got about 3 inches at our house.  Maddox didn't wake up early as usual today so I went in and woke her up around 7:15 so we would have time to play before she had to go to school.  She, of course, was grumpy and tired and sat on my lap.  But when I pulled open her shades and she looked out her face lit up and she had the biggest smile!  Suddenly she was happy and wide awake!
 Even Jessi liked prancing around in the snow.  She ran all over looking frantically for her frisbee.  I'll have to remember to keep that somewhere so I doesn't get buried.  I have no idea where it is.
 Maddox kept saying, "Mommy, I love snow!"  I said, "Good, welcome to Iowa."  We'll see how long that lasts.
 Poor Hadlee still needs some snow boots and proper gloves.  She got pretty cold and was shivering after a short while.  Hadlee pretty much stayed in the sled and really had no desire to walk around in it.  Next time I'll hopefully have proper winter attire for her and I'll feed her before we go out and I bet she'll be much happier with it all.
 It was a really wet snow so we built a quick and short snowman.  Really, I do not like building snowmen.  At all.  The things we do for our children.
 Then we threw some snowballs around.  Or rather, I threw some snowballs at Maddox and Jessi.  See that red spot on her right cheek?  Snowball.  Oops.  Maddox wasn't very happy with me.
 Maddox finally got to make the snow angel she's been asking about all summer!  She's been making sand angels, leaf angels, and couldn't wait for snow to make a real snow angel.  After she was done I don't think she thought it was all it was cracked up to be. 

Then it was time to go to school.  I'm sure the snow will be pretty much gone by lunch time so we had to squeeze our playtime in before school.  No worries, there will be plenty more!

No comments: