Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Playing in FL and the beach

If these pictures look as dark and grainy on everyone else's computer as they do on Dad's I'm going to have to reblog all this when I get home. But here it is for now.
Today we went to the beach down at the condo and spent a few hours. It took Maddox a while to figure out that she could get dirty and actually play in the sand but eventually she started digging and building. The water is cold so she didn't want to even stand in it but she enjoyed chasing the waves and having them chase us back and running away. We built a fort around our spot on the beach. She (with some help) would fill up the bucket, pat it down, and tell me to dump it out.
This one's strictly for documentary purposes only. My sisters and Jeremy know why.
Sitting on the beach watching the plans fly overhead.

Maddox also loved pouring water all over with the watering can but of course she wouldn't fill it up herself so I made many trips back and forth for her.

We've been swimming at Grammy's on this trip. The pool is a nice 88 degrees and feels almost like a bathtub. When we got here from Orlando Sunday night it was about 7pm and she couldn't wait to get in the pool. She and Grammy checked the temperature out and then she came running to the bedroom saying "swimming suit, swimming suit!" This is the first time she's actually been excited about it and not had to warm up to swimming. She won't even let me hold her any way except by her holding on to my thumbs and she's jumping off the side and sort of trying to float on her back.
One morning we went to the park where she went down the slide what seemed like hundreds of times and climbed all over. We wore her out that morning and she took a 4 hour nap when we got back. She had a lot of catching up to do though with some 9 to 10 o'clock bedtimes for the past few nights and lots of time spent outdoors.


So someone tell me if all these pictures and the space center pictures look dark, shadowy, and grainy and I'll re-do them when I get home. To me they all look like crap so I hope they don't really and it's just Dad's fancy photography computer. Just one more day of fun in the sun and we head home Friday. The week has been too short! I better get out to the pool and relax while I can!

No comments: