Monday, October 6, 2008

Getting bigger

My gorgeous girl is getting so big! I hardly notice how physically big she is since I'm almost always the one carrying her around. Jeremy had her naked after a bath across the room from me and I just looked and said "Geez, she's so long! She's big!" So I measured her again for the fun of it and she's still in the 95-97% for length. I thought over the past month she's been becoming more average. Guess not. She weighs about 17.5 pounds. She's about 28.5 inches long and her carseat is only supposed to allow for 29 inches. So much for that lasting a year. We'll buy a new one in the next month or so. She's still not crawling forward. She pushing herself all over backwards and around in circles to get to stuff. She gets up on her knees and rocks but hasn't figured out the rest yet. Sometimes she even gets up on her hands and toes and makes a big bridge. Haven't caught that one on camera yet.
She's getting better at standing. She doesn't pull up to this, we put her there. She's still very wobbly about it so I'm always within arms reach to catch her.We went to the Chiefs game in Charlotte yesterday. We didn't buy tickets until we got down there and ended up getting row 9 end zone tickets for $50 a piece (face value $78). We did that an hour before the game though and probalby could have gotten a much better deal if we'd waited until right before the game. There were tons of scalpers right around the stadium still. Oh well, now we know. I thought I'd hate sitting in the end zone but it wasn't so bad. I've never sat that close so it was kinda neat to see them up close in action. You do end up watching the jumbotron a lot more though to see what the yardage gains were.
Maddox liked it, even though it was very loud down there and pretty hot, for the first 3 quarters. At almost the 4th quarter she, like the Chiefs, gave up. Well, actually I think she lasted longer than the Chiefs did.

No comments: