Friday, June 27, 2008

Our latest fun

Let's see. . . what happened in this past week . . . Well, last weekend Jessi had a weekend playdate with Zeb, her half brother. He came home with me on Saturday and stayed until Monday. Jeremy and I both love Zeb. He's the greatest, sweetest dog. And as it turns out, funny too! Zeb is addicted to playing with frisbees and balls. Unfortunately for him he had his dew claws removed and so he was on restricted play which drove him nuts. He found a baseball and constantly wanted to play fetch but neither Jeremy nor I would do it very often. So he just took the ball to his next option, Maddox. He'd drop the ball by her bottom and watch it very carefully for it to go flying. And when it wouldn't he come closer and nudge the ball closer to Maddox's arm and then nudge her bottom a bit like he was reminding her to throw the ball. It was cute. But it didn't work.
Then the dogs would do their wrestling/playing rough thing and she would sit on the arm of the chair and watch very intently. But the funny thing was that she thought it was hilarious. She kept laughing at them.! The more rough they got the funnier she thought it was! Of course we didn't catch that really . . . just watching here . . .
Maddox is so lazy with sitting upright. She would prefer that position now but won't hold herself up even if she has something to balance her. She slowly leans foward until she's eventually laying on her own legs. I'll hold her fingers to the side in the hopes that she'll do a little work and she'll lean forward anyway. So we went across the street to borrow Jennifer's Bumbo (check it out before we spent our own money). She's still lazy but at least the center piece holds her up some. And she doesn't sit in it long before crying. In this picture we put her in front of the tv so she'd be forced to look way up high and lean back some. The next night I turned on 102 Jamz (hip hop) and Jeremy danced for her for about half an hour. I have video of that I'll have to post next week. Still can't decide if we're going to purchase our own Bumbo.


We gave her rice cereal for the first time a few nights ago. The first night she must have been starving because she was great at it and swallowed almost all of it and kept opening for more and I thought "she's a genius!" The next two nights she was a normal first foods baby with the whole tongue thing and eating only about half of it. But she's enjoying it anyway. We've been doing it at night because that's just one less thing to get done in the morning. Especially now that I have to pump in the morning too for milk for the cereal. Eventually we'll add breakfast too.

And here's an example of me being a bad mom . . . I just turned the tv on for Maddox. She was napping with me and I tried to put her down so I could come do this and she wouldn't have it. Mommy must hold her, now. I tried loving on her a bit on the couch to help her fall back asleep and she wouldn't do it and kept crying so I gave up and turned the tv on and she watched it a bit and fell back asleep. Hey, I got quiet didn't I? She's been really grumpy today because she woke up at 4am and thought that was a good time to stay awake and cry about it. So we were awake about an hour before I finally let her come to bed with me. But tonight, if she does it again, she's crying. I don't have to work tomorrow.


And lastly, I got out this blanket for tummy time last night. Mom said she made it for me when I was a baby. It gives her lots of bright colors to look at while on her tummy which she still doesn't love. She's a little more tolerant of it, but not great.
Oh yeah, she rolled all the way over today from back to tummy on accident and hated it. She's always really close to doing it because she drops her paci and rolls way over trying to get it back with her mouth. I guess this morning she finally flopped over to her tummy while trying to reach it but she was screaming about it because her arm was stuck under her. I think she's just like her Mom and doesn't really like to do anything physical that requires effort. Like rolling over and sitting upright. We're lazy together. But I have gone wogging and done lunges and squats all week! I remembered I have to wear a swimming suit in a couple of weeks.

Oh, I remembered I took video on my normal camera too. So it's not great quality but it's here and my video camera isn't. But by the time I did this she was sort of tired of the whole dancing thing.

1 comment:

Little Smiths said...

Don't waste your money on a bumbo...we use ours occasionally, but not enough to fund it. We just had it left over from M- who hated it...