Saturday, July 13, 2013

Baby Day!

I guess it's time to get on to blogging about the newest member of our family.  We made it to July 1st!  It makes me wonder how much longer I would have been pregnant had I not had a scheduled c-section.  All the pre-op was done in your own room which was nice to settle into beforehand.  Once I was all hooked up to monitors the Lowe's came in to visit while I waited for Dr. Lehman to be done with her other surgeries.  Having a baby this way is quite a change from Suzy's deliveries!

 From about the time they cut me open to having the baby out was about 5 minutes, at 11:02am.  The doctor wanted Jeremy to tell me it's gender but it took him a little bit because he was teary eyed and couldn't get the words out.  Finally he told me it was a girl!  We're an all girl family, just like I grew up with.  Her name is Piper Erin Schultz, she weighed 7 lbs 5.6 oz, and was 19.5 inches long.  She screamed and screamed the whole time she was in the operating room, even after bundled and held by Jeremy, until he brought her to me and I nuzzled her forehead with my lips and talked to her.



 Yes, that was a bunch of gunky gooey pictures but she's still adorable!  After I was all stitched up they rolled me back to my room, where I continued to shake and shiver for quite a while.  Jeremy finally headed out to the waiting room and sprayed pink silly string on the family and told them the news.  After that small groups of family started heading to my room to see Piper.  Maddox was a little disappointed at first that she wasn't a boy, but fine with it now.  She is one proud big sister!
The name... we love her name... Piper was just a name I came across while searching for ideas and it seemed to fit our family and personality.  Erin is in remembrance of my nephew, baby Aaron (Lowe).  He will always be remembered and talked about for years to come, for many reasons, but not forgotten by my family because of Piper's name.  I love that all three of my girls have middle names that mean a lot to Jeremy and I...

No comments: