Sunday, February 5, 2012

Des Moines Staycation

Since Hadlee is sleeping off her fever and throw ups, Maddox is enthralled with playing pretend with her dolls, and Jeremy is off on a 10 mile run I think I have some time to update the blog!  In the fall I bought a living social deal for a local hotel knowing we might need a little vacation from winter.  It was a great deal!  Hotel 1 night, pools, slides, hot tubs, arcade, vouchers for dinner, breakfast, and drinks all for $60!  And the pool was clean and warm (and it was warm when you got out too!)  So fun!
 Maddox will do just about anything with her inner tube.  We made her practice a while without it but then she wore it most of the time in all the pools.
 All wrapped up to sit out for a bit and eat some pizza for dinner.
 After dinner we played in the arcade and won some tickets then got this big sucker and tootsie rolls for the kids with them.  Maddox was guarding that sucker well and wouldn't let me have a bite!
 But Hadlee would give me kisses.  I probably bribed her with tootsie roll.  No, she gives kisses and hugs all the time now.  She's very sweet and loving just like her sister.

 The next morning after our huge breakfast it was back to the pool.  Hadlee's working hard at carrying her ring that's about as big as her.

 Hadlee would go down this small slow slide by herself on her tummy and Maddox would go by herself with her ring.


 Hadlee would go down the bigger slides on my lap and get all splashed at the end but go right back around the pirate ship to go back up and do it again. 
 All 3 of us ready to race down the slides... waving at Daddy first.
 I make a big splash! Poor Hadlee!
The two weeks before this were filled with what turned out to be gallbladder attacks and doctors appointments.  Those hurt, a lot!!  The ultrasound showed I had no stones but the HIDA scan showed my gallbladder to be working at about 22%.  So I've met with a surgeon who's ready to do my surgery when I am.  For those 2 weeks I ate 0-2g of fat per meal so I'd quit having attacks.  It's hard to eat 0g of fat with low sugar!  A lot of bread and pasta and fruit.  By this vacation night I was all better and tried pizza, an omelet with cheese and veggies, chips... basically a bunch of cruddy fatty foods and was fine.  I'm still good most of the time but have gone back to having the occasional bad meal or dessert.  So, when my next attack comes, I'll have surgery.  In the meantime I'm doing pretty well with somewhat of a diet change.

We loved our little and short "vacation" and were not ready to go back home!  It was fun to finally get to swim again and be warm!  Now, we wait until spring!

No comments: