Friday, April 15, 2011

Spring Hike

A few weeks ago on one of our early really warm spring days we went hiking at a state park.  We had a picnic first, then headed out on a 2 mile hike.  We couldn't go too far since Maddox is now old enough to actually hike and Jeremy had to carry Hadlee on his back.  Maddox loved hiking!  She got herself a little walking stick, climbed over all the trees, and sang lots of songs with me.  She did about 1 mile all by herself!
Then Maddox got tired and wanted to be carried.  I was up ahead with Jessi so Daddy picked up her, rounded the bend, and found the start up the hike back UP the mountain.  He hiked all the way back up to the top carrying both girls!  I carried nothing and was still totally out of breath with soar rear!  What a man!  After we got to the top I finished the rest of the hike with Maddox riding piggy back on me.  But I got the summit of the mountain and back down the other side.  Much easier except for the slipping on leaves.
By the time we got to the top Hadlee was out.
We went back to the car and had a snack then went on another short .8 mile hike because I thought Maddox would like it.  It was along the lake and had about 15 bridges to cross.  She liked all those bridges and did the whole thing by herself.
Currently I can hear both girls in Hadlee's crib, Maddox being silly, and Hadlee giggling at her sister.  I love that sound.

No comments: