Monday, February 14, 2011

My big girl is 3-part 1

Since we had such celebrations for Maddox' birthday I'll divide the photos into 2 blogs.  Friday was her birthday but no one was around but her and I (and Hadlee but that doesn't count for much).  One of the first things she said was "Where's my Daddy?  I have to tell him it's my birthday!"  So we called him at work.  I let her open a few presents throughout the day.  It was kind of a nice way to do it because she'd open one and play with it for 30 minutes then want to open another.
Modeling a dress from Grammy
 I put curlers in her hair the night before for the first time.  The next morning she had a Shirley Temple/afro.  Next time I'll use one size bigger.  I eventually had to put a little water on the kinky parts to calm it down.  I couldn't stand it!


Playing with new educational books from Aunt Jennifer
  I made her baked oatmeal for breakfast and put a candle in it for her.  The baked oatmeal may have been just as much for me as it was for her. 

The beautiful birthday girl!
To celebrate the rest of the day we went to have lunch with Daddy at the restaurant of Maddox' choice.  She chose Chick-fil-a and then ate hardly anything.  After we came home for a short nap the two girls and I went to see Gnomeo and Juliet.  Maddox carried in her Elmo stepstool to sit on so the chair wouldn't fold up on her since I had Hadlee on my lap.  It was pretty cute.  She sat there and ate her M&Ms during the movie.  After all this she said her birthday was over and she didn't want to have a party anymore.  After a good night's sleep she changed her mind!

No comments: