Monday, February 7, 2011

And so it begins . . .

It's birthday week and Maddox knows it.  She'll occasionally sing "Happy Birthday to me . . . " and constantly point out that her birthday is next, she'll be 3.  She got her first present on Saturday from Renee when she came to visit me at work.  Since they Renee and Maddox were both there I went ahead and let her open it.  She got a Tinkerbell doll, skirts, slippers, games, and coloring book.  She tried the skirt and slippers on immediately when we got home and I asked her if she could fly like Tinkerbell now.  She disparagingly said "No Mom, I don't have wings!" 
 Flapping her arms like wings:
 Maddox got 2 skirts, the second coming in handy for Hadlee's head.
 On a warm day last week Hadlee had her first ride in the bike seat.  She was pretty indifferent about it.  I know, no helmet, but we just rode up and down the street a little.  Sunday we were going to go to the lake and I'd ride with one kid and Jeremy would run with the other in the jogging stroller but it was a bit chilly for kids with runny noses.  Eventually we'll get to go outside more!  By the way, Jeremy still went to the lake and left us girls home to nap before the superbowl party.  A fine plan with me.

No comments: