Monday, May 17, 2010

We took a little vacation to Charlotte Saturday night. I really have been wanting to go swimming and float for a while with this big belly! Besides, a little mini vacation was just the break we needed before having a new baby. We stayed at a hotel that had free dinner, drinks (adult and pop), popcorn, and breakfast. We went swimming before dinner, after dinner, and the next morning since that's all Maddox wanted to do. That was fine, that's why we went! In the couple days before I kept telling her we were going to go swimming and she kept saying "swimming? Grammy's house?" I guess that's the only place she remembers swimming before. My family checking out this picture may notice that this swimming suit doesn't quite fit as well as it did at Christmas and spring break! My tummy is too big now! After leaving the hotel on Sunday we drove up to Dan Nicholas Park which is awesome! Jeremy hadn't been there before so we had to take him. It has a lake with paddle boats, petting zoo, carousel, train ride, animal viewing area, snake house, mini golf, and a great playground. It's all about 50 cents to a $1 each. Such cheap fun! First we rode the paddle boats and fed the ducks, which Maddox had been asking to do for a few days by then.

At the petting zoo Maddox ran around looking and petting all the animals she could. She is DEFINITELY her mother's daughter in this aspect! She loves petting the goats and sheep and was so animated about it. She just darted from one fence to the next jabbering away about what she saw and telling us about it. It was funny to see how excited she was about it. At the reptile house she also had no qualms about petting the snake. She just about squeezed it a little too hard. I even got Jeremy to pet the snake, which he's scared to death of. I said "if your 2 year old will do it then you can".

Mommy is in sheep heaven! I gave them one "Maaaa" and they all came running to me. They know I'm their friend.

I guess Daddy wanted to document that Baby sis was with us. Only 2 weeks left!
This is the first time Maddox rode the horse by herself without me standing next to her with a hand on her. She made Mommy a little nervous but did just fine. She loves the carousel.
After we rode the carousel Jeremy and I played a round of miniature golf where I beat him 39 to 43. I only mention it because he's still upset by it and can't stand to lose to me. It may have been my FOUR holes in 1 vs. his one that caused the problem. He had an off day. Maddox threw her ball around and just watched very patiently. We headed to the playground after that for a little while before we drove back home. It started to rain just as we decided it was time to go. Worked out perfectly! We spent 4 hours at the park . . . so much to do! Maddox was strangely brave at the playground and went down all the big slides and even the tunnel twisty slides by herself. It was a nice change.

I guess the next thing on our list to do is have a baby! Last week I was dilated to a 3 and 50% effaced. We'll see what this Thursday's visit brings!

No comments: