Saturday, April 13, 2013

Maddox's new stuff

Maddox took a 5 week Little Ninja class through the city and on this past Wednesday took her test for her first belt.  I was a little nervous about it for her since she can be so timid and most of her ninja moves in class can be very small and wimpy.  At home she does better.  Well she did very well!  Got a little shy in the group ninja moves part but then got in line to break her board with her palm and then one with her kick and broke them both on the first try!  Not all the kids did it on the first try and I thought for sure Maddox would be one of those.  I was shocked!  Grammy and Papa were even here to witness it.  Of course we had to go out for ice cream afterwards.  Maddox does tell me though that this was enough ninja.  She doesn't really want to take anymore, which is the first activity she's said that about.  Fine with me, just wanted to try something new out that might help her confidence and I think it did a little.  We may have to re-take in a couple years!
 Her dance recital is also coming up and this morning we had to go for her pictures.  She looked so adorable and old in her costume with all her makeup.  I kept having a hard time finding her in the studio because she looks so different!

No comments: