Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Growing Up

Tomorrow Maddox starts her first day of preschool.  She'll be going to Westview Church Preschool, about 2 miles from our house.  It's only 2 hours on Monday and Wednesday morning.  She's growing up so fast!  It just doesn't seem like 3 1/2 years ago she was a tiny baby that refused to come out therefore making her mama have surgery.  She's still stubborn.  Here she is on her first horse ride at the Iowa State Fair.  She loved it.  I wish she could ride more.
 And here she's hanging out with Cinderella at Waukee Fest.
 And this is the first thing she did at school.  We went to orientation last week and she was checking out the chalkboard and wrote her name!  We'd been practicing but the evidence at home had shown that she wasn't that great at it.  All I did was point to where to write each letter since she started right in the midle of the board and doesn't get the left to right thing.  I was impressed!
She is VERY excited about going to school.  I hope after a few days of it she's still excited and doesn't come home thinking "I don't know what the big deal was, it's not THAT cool."  I know she's ready to get out and meet new friends here and it will certainly be good for her.  I'm excited that she's so excited!

No comments: