Thursday, June 16, 2011

Cross-country Drive

We left Winston-Salem about 1pm on Easter Sunday and drove ALL day long.  We got to Indianapolis about 11pm.  The trip went VERY well though.  The girls watched tv, took naps, got out for a long dinner or lunch break, watched more tv, took another nap and that was that.  No fuss, no tears.  The only fussing came from me while driving in blinding rain and storms at night.  The most interesting part of the trip was to see where Gabbie would curl up.  And she only got to get out of her cage the second day.
Will it be on top of the back seat?

Or curl up with Jessi?

Or maybe in my lap while I do my best to not drive off the road and keep her out from under my feet?

The best and longest lasting place was curled up under Maddox's feet on the diaper bag.  As long as Maddox didn't kick her!


As close as I could get to getting a picture of Hadlee since she rode behind me.
The second day we only had to drive about 7 hours and got to my sister's house in West Des Moines just in time for dinner, where we proceeded to live for 6 weeks . . .  

No comments: